Monday, July 27, 2009

I missed summer!

I know I sleep a lot, but I really don't believe that I slept through summer. Where did it go? The weather in Ontario this summer has been awful. Do we not get punished enough in the winter? All I ask for is 2 month's of sunshine and heat. I'm okay if June is cool'ish, I would just like July and August to be nice. Is that too much? I don't think so!

So, my body is still a little sore from baseball this weekend. I was hoping to go to yoga tonight to stretch out my muscles, but I decided on Zumba instead because I needed something to burn tons of calories and to make me sweat.
Did you hear that?
Yes, I said I went to Zumba, and that I wanted to sweat. Who am I? I just blogged last week about how I can not even force myself to exercise, and today I went to Zumba? Yes, I might need to get my head checked.
But guess what else?
I enjoyed it. I knew I would. I love Zumba. I would like to start teaching it soon. I teach it during the dance season at the studio, but I'd like to get into a gym and teach it too, I think.
Oh, and guess what else?
I'm going again tomorrow.
Yes, now I think I *really* need my head checked.

Food today was very scarce. I find that when I am work on an admin day (so, off the floor, doing things like going over numbers, schedules, meetings, interviews) that I don't eat a lot. I think it's because I just want to get the day overwith, as my agenda is always so packed.
I got to work around 7:30, but didn't get to breakfast until about 10'ish. I had some multi-grain Cheerios and a banana, and then later on (around 3'ish) I had a few Tricuts and an apple. Needless to say, when I got home from Zumba I was VERY hungry. I had been thinking about this all day:

Yum!
I roasted a red bell pepper, and wilted some spinach in a pan, and threw in half a tomato. I then added some rice pasta to it. I was hoping for whole wheat linguini, however when I opened my pantry, there was about 6 pieces of pasta left in the box. Why would I do that?
Oh well, it was still good with the rice pasta! I also threw in a bit of sun-dried tomato and garlic spice, and topped it with a little bit of parmesan cheese.
The end result was amazing, and it was almost worth waiting all day to eat. It looks like a TON of food, but it's because there was so much pepper in it. I swear there is only one serving of pasta!
I know I'm awful at taking picture's of my food, so for that, I'm sorry. But honestly, my food is usually very boring. I'm sure you don't care to see a picture of some cereal with fruit on top, or a bagel with some light cream cheese and some veggies. However, a girl I work with has lent me Veganomicon and I am super excited to start cooking some recipies from it.
I have been totally inspired fom by Julie and Julia to start cooking delicious recipies. however, I don't think I could make a commitment to cook 500+ recipies in 352 days. That's a little crazy!
Well, that's about it for tonight. My body is craving some fruit, so I'm gonna go throw some frozen fruits in the blender with some ice and then probably call it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get very excited when I log in and see new comments. Keep making me happy! :)