Monday, May 18, 2009

New look! New look!

*I* don't have a new look, however my blog does.

I realize that I have neglected my blog in the past few weeks, I will correct that. So I decided to celebrate with a new layout. I like it :) I like pink.

Along with the new look came a new name.
5, 6, 7, 8 is a common phrase heard in the dance studio. (I am a dance teacher for any of my reader's that don't know!) It signals getting ready to start dancing. It could be getting ready to move across the floor, jump, turn, or as I've been using it lately, picking up from a certain part of the routine. However you use it, it means GET READY TO GO! And I like it! :) It's something that can be used outside of the studio. I often say it to myself as I am getting on the scale every week.

Food, Glorious food is another name I toyed with! I love Oliver! :) However, I'll just use that as a segway into the next part of my blog.
My food has been good lately!! I've pretty much been totally on track this week. (Except the ice cream I had twice on the weekend, but really, what are flex points for in the summer?)
I have made a few things this week.
Let's start with Hungry Girl's Butternut Squash Sheppards Pie! I've made this a few times, I love it! It's just like regular sheppard's pie, however, instead of mashed potato's on top, it's butternut squash! Everyone know's about HG's obsession with this vegetable. This dish is sort of "fall'ish" but it's delicious!! My camera was dead lastnight, so pictures to come tomororw, as I will eat the left over's tonight!
I also made WW friendly spinach dip to have with my carrot's and celery. I made this last time I was on WW and remembered not liking it, but I wasn't sure why, so I decided to try it again, hoping my food palate has changed in 3 years. However, it hadn't. It just tasted too...I'm not even sure. So I decided to add a few Laughing Cow cheese wedges to the mix. It was JUST what it needed!! It just made it a little bit more creamier.

On another note, the farmer's market open's in Milton in a few weeks and I can't wait! I love all the fresh fruit's and vegetables that grow in our area in the summer.

Alright, to finish up, I am holding myself to a challenge and I will post my result's weekly on my blog.
I have a very small food palate that I eat from when it comes to fruit's and vegetables. I eat the same one's every week. They consist of bananas, carrots, oranges, raspberries, strawberries, carrots, celery, peppers, broccoli and cauliflower. No peaches, plums, pears, mushroms, onions, tomato's...I pass quite a few aisle's in the produce department in the grocery store.
SO..
I am challenging myself (and all of you) to try ONE new fruit or vegetable a week. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't. But opening your food option's never hurt anyone.
This week I will try a mango. I see them all the time and hear they are delicious, however always pass by them. When I go for groceries on Wednesday I will buy a mango and try it!
My question to you today is:
How do you eat a mango? Do you just cut it up and eat it, or do something else with it? Post you answer's below, as well as what vegetable or fruit you are going to try this week.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty in pink! I like it, and love the new name :-)

    Yellow mangoes are the best - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I eat mango I hedgehog it. Chop it in half and then crisscross the flesh to the skin and turn the skin out so it looks like a hedgehog...then its easier to slice of the pieces. I find this is easier and less wasteful than peeling the mango. Follow the link for a better description http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/mangohedgehog_71440.shtml

    Love the new blog and looking forward to reading more entries from you :o)

    ReplyDelete

I get very excited when I log in and see new comments. Keep making me happy! :)