Saturday, March 21, 2009

Green Apron Behaviors

Well, well, well...here I am..my second blog ever. (well, since my 16-year old, blogging about boy band day's! haha)

Lot's to say today..

WI was on Thursday, and I was down 1.6, which I was stoked about. I can not wait to get back to the weight I was around Christmas time. (about 140) I am at 145 right now, so it's coming.
One of my friend's I have met through WW,
Jacqueline, is away in NY for work for 18 day's, we have challeneged eachother to loose 3lbs while she's gone. It's been less than a week, so I think I'm off to a pretty good start!

The beginning of the year was just a whirlwind of event's with Christmas, New Years, Birthday's, a break-up and such. I've realized though, that if I don't loose every week, I am okay with it. When I first started I would bash myself for the first couple day's if I gained, and then I sat and thought about it. I might be loosing slower now, with a gain every so often, but you know what? That's life. I am not going to be able to eat exactly 21 points every day of my life, I want to be able to go out and still have fun with my friends, weather it be for a meal, or a couple drinks. That's what life is about, so if I gain one week because I had a night out, that's life. That's what happens. I like it when the scale goes down, however, if it goes up, oh well, that's life, and I have the tools and the knowledge of HOW to make it go back down, so I'm okay with it.

This morning
Lindsay and I signed up for softball. We are playing in a woman's league this summer. I can not WAIT. I haven't played ball since I was about 12, and I am really looking forward to it.

Okay, onto it.

I started working at Starbucks about 6 weeks ago, as an Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager in training. Over the past 6 weeks I have learned SO much, and attended about 5 workshops. One of the material's presented to me was the "Green Apron Book" It's a list of 5 behaviors that Starbucks want's it's partners to follow. At first I put the book away, and figured I would know what was inside. When I came home that night, I opened it up and read the following:


Be Welcoming-Offer everyone a sense of belonging.

Be Genuine-Connect, Discover, Respond.

Be Knowledgeable-Love what you do. Share it with others.

Be Considerate-Take care of yourself, eachother and our environment.

Be Involved-In the store, in the company, in your community.


When I read these, it makes me think about how we apply that to real life. If people lived by these "rules" everyday, what a different it would make in our lives, our community, and our world. These "Green Apron" behaviours that I have learned, I have been trying to put them into practise every day, and constantly reminding my partner's (Starbucks word for employee's) how important they are in making your job fun and enjoyable for yourself and our customer's.

Today's thought:

Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game.

1 comment:

  1. I recently was doing a project on green apron behaviors for my new partners. I just got promoted to SM and ended transfering to a new store with people who have no idea who I am. Anyways I did a search on the green apron behaviors and your website came out. I really appreciate how you put this all out , thanks

    atomiczx2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I get very excited when I log in and see new comments. Keep making me happy! :)