Friday, May 22, 2009

Lazy days off...

I love day's off.
I don't mind that I don't have a Monday-Friday job. I just like having day's off, doesn't matter what day it is. When it's 2 day's in a row, it's a bonus, but even just one day is nice.

Today started with a wonderful sleep-in until 10:30, followed by an hour of lounging. When I finally got my rear end into gear, I grabbed an apple and a home made granola bar and headed over to Starbucks for an iced Skinny Vanilla latte!
Following that I did a little bit of shopping, because I needed some short's for work. It get's SO hot in there mid-day.
I haven't been feeling myself lately, and have been quite lathargic, so then I came home and had a quick bowl of soup, some carrotts and 4 crackers, followed by an hour and a half nap. When I'm feeling down, I just want to nap all the time, so it was great.
After that I thought going for a walk would make me feel better, so Baxter and I headed out for an hour long run. It was beautiful out, and I got pretty sweaty.
Came home, and made dinner. Hungry Girl's faux-friend chicken wings. I tossed them in a bit of Frank's Red Hot Sauce. They didn't taste much like chicken wings, but were good none the less. I just had them with a ton of carrots and celery sticks, because everyone loves raw veggies with wings.
I love the idea of breading thing with Fibre 1 cereal, as I'm always looking for ways to increase my fibre intake, because I just feel so much better. I've tried quite a few thing's breaded in Fibre 1.
My favourite was home made coconut shrimp.

1 cup Fibre 1 cereal, crushed in a blender or food processer
1/4 cup egg whites
1/2 cup of shredded coconut (less if you aren't a HUGE cocunut fan)
8-10 thawed small shrimp.

Mix the shredded coconut and fibre 1 together in a bowl.
Dip the shrimp into the egg whites to coat, and then place in fibre 1 mixture and coat the entire shrimp.
Toss them into a pre-heated pan coated with cooking spray or oil.
Cook until browned on one side and flip to cook the other side. (I cooked them about 4-5 minutes on one side and about 3-4 on the other)

Serve with seafood sauce, or your favourite dipping sauce. My mom served them with a pina colada flavoured sauce, and they were DELICIOUS!

I opted out on baseball tonight, because two weeks ago when we played I got hit in the foot with a ball, and my big toe is so swollen and the nail looks REALLY yucky. Also, because I haven't been feeling so blah lately, I wasn't really up for the socialness of it all.

All in all a faily relaxing and lazy day off. Tonight's plan's aren't anything special either. I think I might just light a fire in the backyard and hang out with my puppy dogs. Back to work tomorrow at 11:30.

Before I go, just thought I'd let you know about
Amy's Pampered Chef Giveaway!! Head over to her blog for details. I love Pampered Chef products! They make the kitchen so much fun!

Stay tuned for another layout. I've decided that I don't like this one. I can't find a font colour that I like that matches it. Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get very excited when I log in and see new comments. Keep making me happy! :)